Saturday, June 12, 2021

Diversity Banner Proposal

 Community Banner

Veteran Garden Project 

"It is our mission to support our healing veteran community while also encouraging and supporting stewardship of our precious resources."

https://veterangardenproject.org/

Sketches:

This was my first sketch. I thought that I would combine the American Flag and flowers together but it seemed too tacky and too true to the name of the organization. I thought that if I used all the reds, white, blue, and other colors for the flowers that it would look too busy.

The founder, Crystal Timmons told me that they often use the slogan "come grow with us". That gave me this idea which I feel looks a lot better than the first sketch. This is obviously a very rough sketch but I made the hands look rough but welcoming. 
I chose a light green fabric for the background and white felt for the letters. For the hands and the plant, i'll either hand paint it or draw it with a black fabric marker. 

Personal Banner

This is the design that I chose to do. I've seen this saying around on social media and i thought that it would look great on a banner. I chose a neon pink background and white felt for the letters and scissors.

Paxton Smith, a high school student in Texas, chose to change her Valedictorian speech without telling anyone to speak against the new heartbeat bill that was just passed in Texas. I thought that it was so brave and amazing that I wanted to put a quote from it on my banner with a pink background and white felt letters. I eventually decided against it because I thought it wouldn't look good and be too hard to read with so many letters.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Tape Shoes