Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Touch Assignment 2

 

Piece of me 
Digital Photography

"Hair deeply affects people, can transfigure or repulse them. Symbolic of life, hair bolts from your head. Like the earth, it can be harvested, but it will rise again. We can change its color and texture when the mood strikes us, but in time it will return to its original form, just as Nature will in time turn to our precisely laid-out cities into a weed-way."

- A Natural History of the Senses, Diane Ackerman, page 64


Hair makes us who we are. Personally, I don't know who I would be without my hair as it makes up a big part of who I feel I am. Hair grows and changes to express who we are on the inside and when we lose up to 100 hairs a day, a small piece of us is left behind, lost in the world forever as we move on. I lose a lot of hair in the shower, leaving that part of me to get sucked down the drain and float on forever until it eventually disintegrates. I suppose I'm just floating along until I disintegrate as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Masking Tape Shoes